Monday, October 7, 2013

[Fashion] Meghan Fabulous: Macie Peacock Feather Maxi Dress

I'm not sure what's happened to me in the past year.  A year ago, I thought the peacock craze was gaudy and exaggerated, and I was convinced that maxis had a propensity for looking silly on other women and definitely would look terrible on me, given my height (I'm 5'1-1/2"and yes, the 1/2 inch matters a lot).

And now I love both-- of course, within certain parameters.  Because peacock prints can still be gaudy and exaggerated, and maxi dresses are still often cut poorly, in my opinionor else women are wearing maxi dresses that aren't cut well for their bodies.  But when I saw this dress, I fell in love.



It's 100% silk and luxuriously soft and beautiful and flowy.  The peacock print is obvious but not offensive.  And, lucky me, I was invited to a fabulous art party in Brooklyn, which gave me the perfect excuse to actually debut and wear it: 


It's the perfect dress for looking elegant, relaxed, and ready to roll (as you can see from the picture above of my friend Vonnie and me getting ready to... well, roll or something).  It's a bit long for me, but there's actually a slit near the front of the dress where it wraps around, and, with heels, it wasn't anything insurmountable.  Plus, in the worst case scenario, hemming dresses is much less complicated than any other kind of alteration.  I got a ton of unsolicited comments from strangers on the street (all women) while waiting for my friends before dinner, too, which made me smile and love my impulse buy (thanks to HauteLook) even more.

The one downside is that it's too memorable (peacock feathers, seriously) to wear often, which is actually too bad.  I can't get over how comfortable and effortless this dress is.  I want to live in itmaybe I'll take to wearing it around the house :)

No comments :

Post a Comment