Sunday, November 13, 2016

[Recipe] "Rise Up" Raspberry Cinnamon Rolls

There's nothing quite like a fresh pastry for breakfast—but, I confess—it can be daunting to wake up that early just to indulge in the luxury.  Enter, bakeries.  But on those days you're craving homemade, I have just the recipe for you, requiring a bit of prep work the night before (to cut down on your wait time in the morning).

"Rise Up" Raspberry Cinnamon Rolls
A recipe inspired by Deliciously Sprinkled and Sally's Baking Addiction

I'm bad at Snapchat (my handle is, predictably, tammiest).  Or, rather, perhaps I'm not bad at it, but I don't have someone following me around or living with me who can take my Snapchat videos for me (life is hard).  This I found out the hard way as I attempted to Snapchat this recipe, complete with an all-too-appropriate soundtrack (read: complete with lots of puns) blaring in the background.  But you've only got one shot, or rather, one chance to make a shotfor example, once you've poured that icing sugar on top of the just-baked cinnamon rolls, you can't unpour it—and we all know it has to be poured to the iconic line, "Pour some sugar on me."

I amuse myself.


Soundtrack, Track #1 - My Shot
I am not throwing away my shot!
Rise up!
When you're living on your knees, you rise up

Tell your brother that he's gotta rise up
Tell your sister that she's gotta rise up

Soundtrack, Track #2 - Pour Some Sugar On Me
Pour some sugar on me
Ooh, in the name of love
Pour some sugar on me
Ooh, in the name of love

Ingredients
Dough:
4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 envelopes of Fleischmann's® RapidRise™ Yeast
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup butter
2 large eggs

Raspberry Cinnamon Filling:
1 (24 oz.) bag frozen raspberries, not thawed
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons cinnamon

Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 cup confectioners' sugar
3 tablespoons heavy cream (or half-and-half or milk)
Splash of vanilla

Directions
1.  Combine 1-1/2 cups of flour, granulated sugar, undissolved yeast, and salt in a large mixing bowl.



2.  Microwave milk, water, and 1/3 cup butter in a microwave-safe bowl for 2 minutes or until warm; butter does not need to melt.
3.  Add butter mixture to flour mixture.  Beat for 2 minutes on medium speed.
4.  Add eggs and 1/2 cup flour.  Beat for 2 minutes on high speed.
5.  Stir in remaining 2-1/2 cups flour until batter forms.  Cover dough tightly with plastic wrap.  Refrigerate for 2 hours or up to 2 days.



6.  Line a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with parchment paper.  Set aside.
7.  Remove dough from refrigerator and let it warm up for about 15 minutes.  Punch down dough.  Place dough onto a lightly greased surface; divide in half.  Roll dough into a 16 x 10 inch rectangle.



8.  Sprinkle evenly with ground cinnamon, then top with frozen raspberries.



9.  Roll dough up tightly.  Using a sharp knife, cut roll into 13 equal pieces.  Place cinnamon rolls into prepared pan.  Cover and let rise for 30 minutes in a warm place until cinnamon rolls double in size.
Pro Tip:  Both Deliciously Sprinkled and Sally's Baking Addiction suggest preheating your oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit, then turning the oven off before placing the covered cinnamon rolls into the oven for 30 minutes to rise and double in size.
10.  Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.  Bake the cinnamon rolls for 22 minutes, covering them with foil to prevent the tops of the rolls from getting too brown.
11.  While your rolls are cooling, make the glaze.  In a small bowl, whisk the confectioner's sugar and heavy cream until smooth.  Add more sugar or cream, depending how thick you want the glaze.  Pour glaze over the rolls and serve warm.  Cover the rolls and store at room temperature for up to 2-3 days.  Baked rolls can be frozen up to 2 months and warmed up to enjoy at a later date.  Glaze them right before serving.



No comments :

Post a Comment