Saturday, October 22, 2016

[Travel] [Fashion] [Wine Country] Jacuzzi Family Vineyards (Sonoma, California) + Auguste the Label

For those of you not on your mobile devices, you can probably tell I've just overhauled my blog.  (For those of you who are on your mobile devices, pretty please scroll to the bottom of the page and choose to view in web format just for a second to check it out?)

To celebrate this much-needed update (which I definitely have to thank BlissfulBoldDesign on Etsy forI'm certainly not above admitting that I need the help), I wanted to post about one of the loveliest places I've been to recentlyand one of the loveliest and most comfortable dresses I own.

No visit to Northern California is complete without at least a day trip into wine country.  Even for the non-drinkers (let's be friends and perhaps I can interest you in being a Designated Driver), it's just a gorgeous part of California.  The weather is always slightly hotter in Napa and Sonoma than it is in San Francisco, and the grounds of each vineyard are unique but all amazingly Instagrammable.  There's a reason so many weddings take place herethere are so many photo ops, whether natural or contrived.

If you're not going to spend a night (or more) out in either Napa or Sonoma and if you don't have a Designated Driver, then I highly recommend taking a wine tour.  There's no shortage of themyou can even take a helicopter if you're feeling extra fancy or if you want to pretend you're on The Bachelorbut I most recently took one with The Great Pacific Tour Company that I'd highly recommend.  They pick you and any others taking the same tour up from wherever you're staying within San Francisco in a large bus, then drive to three wineries, with lunch included in between: the Cline Cellars, the Jacuzzi Family Vineyards, and, lastly, Domaine Chandon, the Napa Valley sister oMoët & Chandon in Champagne, France.

This post focuses in particular on the Jacuzzi Family Vineyards.

Jacuzzi Family Vineyards
24724 Arnold Dr.,
Sonoma, CA 95476
(707) 931-7575

These vineyards were started by the Jacuzzi family—yes, the same family that created the jacuzzi tub.  The grounds are crazy gorgeous, perfect for a wedding or just a normal afternoon.  And they have a huge variety of wines, enough that my friend and I wound up tasting entirely different wines (and sharing all of them, naturally).  The vineyards started out with Zinfandel, Carignane and Mourvedre but now include Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Merlot and Pinot Grigio, among others.  They also grow olives, and you can taste and purchase their olive oils while you're at the vineyards.




I'm not too embarrassed to admit that I bought a dress specifically for visiting wine country.  This dress by Auguste the Label is the dress of my vino dreams, so soft and flowy and elegant and easy.  They're almost sold out of this particular print, but the Boheme Goddess is one of Auguste's most popular styles, and they seem to always be remaking it in new prints.  Check the Interwebs for this and other easy styles here.



I don't know if I can think of a better frame for this dress.



And even my accessories look happy to be in the sun.  The laser-cut tote bag from Avon is large and roomy (but be warned, there's no plastic lining the sides, so those are true cut-outs, which can make it alarmingly easy for tiny, loose items, like pens, to slip out the sides.  And I've always gotten lots of compliments on my DIY sunhat, the base of which is a simple sunhat by American Apparel in pale pink, dressed up with ribbon and fake flowers, all attached with the help of a simple glue gun.



No comments :

Post a Comment